Septic Systems, Wastewater & E.coli
- Pump your OWTS every 2-3 years and have it inspected.
- Use water efficiently
- Maintain your leachfield
- Beware of tank additives
- Don’t pour grease, oil down the drain
- Don’t rinse coffee grounds or pour household chemicals and pharmaceuticals down the drain
- Eliminate or limit the use of garbage disposals
- Don’t flush non-degradable products down the toilet
E.coli and Dog Waste
Dog waste left near a body of water can cause increased E.coli. Please remember to scoop the poop.
Sample Scoop The Poop Sign for your waterway.
Please email info@winooskinrcd to request a word document that can be modified.